VALLE ROSA: A PLACE TO VISIT
For outdoor fans, with about 35 hectares of forest and farmland, Valle Rosa is a really good choice. You can make beautiful walks on the trails of the property or venture further afield to the ancient Patricano path. You can also reach Spoleto walking along the Tessino creek, then continue on the many hiking trails of Monteluco and the Giro dei Condotti. Besides the pleasure of walking in nature, enjoying the fresh air and pleasant views, one can discover the remains of ancient houses and medieval towers in the estate and reach the first settlement of the Capuchin friars in Spoleto St. Anne convent. In addition to trekking, biking and hiking, the estate is open to many other outdoor activities, such as adventure games and tactical fields for softball: the wide open spaces are particularly suitable for this sport in a safe and fun way.
Here are some suggestions of the routes that can be walked on foot starting from Valle Rosa, with different levels of difficulties, related to the length and to the slopes:
- Easy route A) From Valle Rosa to Spoleto: going down the Flaminia road continue on the right along the Tessino creek. Along the beaten path between the creek bed and the fields, after going through the almost always dry Tessino, you arrive at the beginning of Patricano path. Spoleto is very close, just a nice walk.
- Easy route B) Discovering remains of ancient medieval houses of Valle Rosa: starting from the parking and going up towards the houses and then left along the field. After a while on the right stand among the trees the remains of an ancient medieval watchtower; continue turning around the field and enter the woods (follow Mustaiole sign). Before entering the forest you can make a small detour to the right to see the remains of an ancient medieval house. Now you enter the path where you meet just left an old furnace for lime burning. Through the forest you arrive at the road and then go back down to the right to discover a secondary entrance to the estate. Here you see other ruins of an old stone house of medieval times: we have now returned to Valle Rosa behind the new houses (easy, little more than a walk, for everyone)
- Medium difficulty route C) From Valle Rosa towards Patricano path: (number 6 C.A.I.) past the houses you go along the field, and now, as opposed to the path B, continue straight, going up to the woods. You walk on the path through the trees and arrived, after a steep run, to the border of the property of the Prior Convent of St. Anne, you follow the path on the left. After a while you get in a small pitch: from there you can go up a bit to St. Anne or back down to Testaccio to return then to Valle Rosa through the path A along the Tessino (rugged path in the first stretch but feasible)
- Medium-high difficulty route D) From Valle Rosa to Monteluco or Patrico: the first part is equal to C route but arrived at the pitch, where Valle Rosa trail joins the Patricano path (No. 6 CAI) you climb, and crossed St. Anne you reach Forcella Vellana. Here you can decide whether to go left towards Monteluco or continue right towards Patrico. (quite hard path, a real hiking excursion)
VALLE ROSA BIKE HOTEL
The large spaces at our disposal allow us to offer a comfortable shelter for bicycles with attached small equipped workshop. Valle Rosa wants to be a reference point for those who choose our beautiful valleys for outdoor activities and we are ready to become, thanks to our location surrounded by nature, one of the most attractive bike hotel. A real reference point for green tourism and lovers of hiking and soft mobility in the name of slow lifestyle.
With the mountain bike you absolutely must face the wonderful route of the former railway Spoleto-Norcia with its breathtaking views and its picturesque bridges and tunnels; for those who prefer the city bike the ideal is to get to the “Terminal Le Mattonelle” in Spoleto to undertake one of the longest cycle routes in Europe: the Spoleto-Assisi, taking the opportunity for visiting the beautiful towns of Campello sul Clitunno, Montefalco, Bevagna etc.
For BICYCLE and MOTORBIKE:
• Workshop corner with tools, lubricants, pump, repair kit, paid tubes, stands for the repair of bicycles, compressor;
• Large covered space for bikes and motorbikes shelter
• Washing area for bikes / motorcycles
For CYCLIST and BIKER:
• Rich breakfast buffet with regional products, cereals and fresh fruit.
• Bars and various food supplements, snacks with fruit, pastries and sandwiches returning from trips (on request);
• Collaboration with the shop / workshop specialized in repairing and purchasing spare parts (on request);
• Biker information, maps of hiking.
• Packed lunch for the hike (on request)